We assess and prioritise complaints of alleged non-compliant advertising of therapeutic goods to the public by considering a range of factors, including the following:
• Whether the claims made or reliance on the claims made in the advertising are likely to result in harm or injury to any person
• Likely impact of the advertising on the ability of consumers to safely and appropriately use the goods for their intended use
• Whether the alleged non-compliant advertising has been removed or amended
• Previous conduct of the advertiser
• An advertiser’s ability or willingness to comply with the advertising requirements, and
• The advertiser’s behaviour once they are made aware that their advertising appears to be non-compliant.
All complaints related to NAFDAC regulated products or regulatory decisions should be made via a Complaint Form filled and submitted.
A letter of appeal regarding a regulatory decision, should be accompanied by supporting documents/ information (if any) on the company’s letter head and should include the following: Name of person(s)/company(ies), Complaints being made, Phone numbers, Contact address and valid e-mail, Evidence to support complaint, Reasons for appeal and any relevant supporting documents